Can you eat waffles on a healthy lifestyle? Don’t need to feel deprived because now you can!
Keeping this short and sweet because you can whip up this recipe very easily and quickly! Mix and you’re done 🙂
I do this in my measuring cup for easily clean up and easy pouring!
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (I love the cinnamon flavour, put less or leave out completely to your desire)
Pinch of salt
1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Teaspoon melted coconut oil + abit more for greasing
1. In a bowl(I use measuring cup), combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, and set aside.
2. Combine the sweetener, milk and the oil. Add it into the dry ingredients and whisk! If the batter is too thick or becomes too thick as it sits, add a but more milk. Keep in mind that egg-free pancake batter works better when it is a little thicker than egg-containing pancake batter.
3. Prepare your waffle iron with some coconut oil, and preheat it. Follow your manufacturers’ instructions.
(I use a 3 in 1 sandwich, panini and waffle maker and it turns out fine 🙂 )
4. Pour the batter into the waffle iron. If your waffle indicator is not accurate like mine, wait until steam starts escaping out of your waffle iron, when all the steam stops escaping, your waffles are done! Keep an eye on it!
5. Serve with organic maple syrup and enjoy!
Serves 1 (Makes two rectangular waffles)
Multiply recipe to your desire!